[Pcsclite-muscle] New version of pcsc-lite: 1.8.12

[Pcsclite-muscle] New version of pcsc-lite: 1.8.12

Ludovic Rousseau
http://ludovicrousseau.blogspot.fr/2014/09/new-version-of-pcsc-lite-1812.html

I just released a new version of pcsc-lite 1.8.12 [1].
pcsc-lite is a Free Software implementation of the PC/SC (or WinSCard)
API for Unix systems.

Changes:
pcsc-lite-1.8.12: Ludovic Rousseau
- make hotplug using libudev (default) more robust
- add ReiserFS file system support (for configuration files)
- add musl libC support (increase the thread stack)
- Some other minor improvements and bug corrections

Bye

[1] https://alioth.debian.org/frs/?group_id=30105&release_id=1993#pcsclite-_1.8.12-title-content

--
 Dr. Ludovic Rousseau

Re: [Pcsclite-muscle] New version of pcsc-lite: 1.8.12

Tom Arnautovic
Apologies for my lack of Linux knowledge - can you install using a package
manager or does it have to be done manually?

Re: [Pcsclite-muscle] New version of pcsc-lite: 1.8.12

Ludovic Rousseau
> Apologies for my lack of Linux knowledge - can you install using a package
> manager or does it have to be done manually?

Any good GNU/Linux distribution already provide a package for pcsc-lite.

Bye

--
 Dr. Ludovic Rousseau

Re: [Pcsclite-muscle] New version of pcsc-lite: 1.8.12

Tom Arnautovic
Thanks - but when I run the apt-get update/ apt-get upgrade, it doesn't
update to your new version?

> Apologies for my lack of Linux knowledge - can you install using a
> package manager or does it have to be done manually?

Any good GNU/Linux distribution already provide a package for pcsc-lite.

Bye

--
 Dr. Ludovic Rousseau

---

Re: [Pcsclite-muscle] New version of pcsc-lite: 1.8.12

Bruno Jesus
On Thu, Sep 25, 2014 at 8:59 AM, Tom Arnautovic
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Thanks - but when I run the apt-get update/ apt-get upgrade, it doesn't
> update to your new version?

It can take some days or weeks for the distros to compile and update
their packages.

If you are directly needing for the updated version I suggest to try
compiling it yourself.

Best regards,
Bruno

Re: [Pcsclite-muscle] New version of pcsc-lite: 1.8.12

Hans-Martin Haase

a release of a new version here does not mean that the linux
distributions integrate the new version the same day. There will be
always a delay between source release and the appearance of a specific
distribution package. So give the package maintainers a bit time or
build it yourself if you need this specific version asap.

On 09/25/2014 01:59 PM, Tom Arnautovic wrote:

> Thanks - but when I run the apt-get update/ apt-get upgrade, it doesn't
> update to your new version?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Hans-Martin Haase

B.Sc. Bioinf. Hans-Martin Haase
Mail: [hidden email]
Telefon +49 09571 6048015

ecsec GmbH
Sudetenstrasse 16
96247 Michelau
[hidden email]

Amtsgericht Coburg HRB 4622
USt-ID DE266920858
Steuernummer 212/125/70009

Geschäftsführer:
Tina Hühnlein
Dr. Detlef Hühnlein

Diese E-Mail kann vertrauliche Informationen enthalten. Falls Sie diese
E-Mail irrtümlich erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte unverzüglich den
Absender und löschen Sie diese E-Mail von jedem Rechner, auch von den
Mailservern. Jede Verbreitung des Inhalts, auch die teilweise Verbreitung,
ist in diesem Fall untersagt. Außer bei Vorsatz oder grober Fahrlässigkeit
schließen wir jegliche Haftung für Verluste oder Schäden aus, die durch
Viren befallene Software oder E-Mails verursacht werden.

This e-mail may contain strictly confidential information and is intended
for the person to which it is addressed only. Any dissemination, even
partly, is prohibited. If you receive this e-mail by mistake, please contact
the sender and delete this e-mail from your computer, including your
mailserver.
Except in case of gross negligence or wilful misconduct we accept no
liability for any loss or damage caused by software or e-mail viruses.

Re: [Pcsclite-muscle] New version of pcsc-lite: 1.8.12

Greg Troxel

Hans-Martin Haase <[hidden email]> writes:

> a release of a new version here does not mean that the linux
> distributions integrate the new version the same day. There will be
> always a delay between source release and the appearance of a specific
> distribution package. So give the package maintainers a bit time or
> build it yourself if you need this specific version asap.

Indeed.  I  have already prepared updates for ccid and pcsc-lite in
pkgsrc, a multi-OS multi-architecture packaging system, but can't commit
them until next week because we are in a quarterly freeze.   But
seriously, until it's been 30 days, the packaging system isn't even
really being slow.

Re: [Pcsclite-muscle] New version of pcsc-lite: 1.8.12

Tom Arnautovic
Thank you all.

a release of a new version here does not mean that the linux distributions
integrate the new version the same day. There will be always a delay between
source release and the appearance of a specific distribution package. So
give the package maintainers a bit time or build it yourself if you need
this specific version asap.

On 09/25/2014 01:59 PM, Tom Arnautovic wrote:

> Thanks - but when I run the apt-get update/ apt-get upgrade, it
> doesn't update to your new version?

If you want to use a recent version of a software you may use Debian
unstable (sid)
The pcsc-lite 1.8.12 package is already available for sid
https://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=pcscd

But maybe you should not use Debian unstable unless you understand
what "unstable" means.

pcsc-lite 1.8.12 should be available in Debian testing in 5 days.
https://release.debian.org/migration/testing.pl?package=pcsc-lite

 Dr. Ludovic Rousseau