Possibility to disable Reader Interface?

Possibility to disable Reader Interface?

Steffen Schmid
Hello,

we are going to deploy DEll Lattitude E7450 to our users.
The SmartCard-Reader is successfull recognised. A little bit too good for our scenario. ;-)

Because the Broadcom Reader has more then one interface, the contactless interface is handled an second reader. The problem is, that we are connecting to Windows 2012 Terminal Server which then offers the "two" readers to the user, which has to decide for one of the two readers.

If only one reader is present, the user is directly prompted for his SmartCard PIN by the Windows Server. That ist not a big problem for technicans, but a problem for our users.

I can't disable the contactless reader by BIOS.

Any Ideas? Is it possible to disable the second interface in pcsc source? Compiling pcsc-lite is no problem, we are already running a self compiled pcsc-lite.

0: Broadcom Corp 5880 [Contacted ScmartCard] (0123456789ABCD) 00 00
1: Broadcom Corp 5880 [Contactless ScmartCard] (0123456789ABCD) 01 00

Thanks!
Steffen Schmid

Re: Possibility to disable Reader Interface?

Ludovic Rousseau
Hello,

[...]

It is not possible to filter the reader list at the pcsc-lite level.
But it should be possible to write a wrapper that does exactly that.
I could write it for you.

 Dr. Ludovic Rousseau

Re: Possibility to disable Reader Interface?

Steffen Schmid
Hello,

Hello,

Any Ideas? Is it possible to disable the second interface in pcsc source? Compiling pcsc-lite is no problem, we are already running a self compiled pcsc-lite.

0: Broadcom Corp 5880 [Contacted ScmartCard] (0123456789ABCD) 00 00
1: Broadcom Corp 5880 [Contactless ScmartCard] (0123456789ABCD) 01 00

It is not possible to filter the reader list at the pcsc-lite level.
But it should be possible to write a wrapper that does exactly that.
I could write it for you.

Thank you for your quick reply! Sounds great!
How would such a wrapper work? I've no clue where it will be placed (pcscd, libccid)?

Greetings!
Steffen Schmid