Using pcsclite with multiple cards through one reader

Using pcsclite with multiple cards through one reader

Greg Wilson-Lindberg

We have two problems/not understandings:

  1. reading more than one card at the same time

  2. issuing a PWD_AUTH command to a connected card

It is my understanding that to read a second card that is within range of a cardreader it is necessary to issue a HLTA command to the card. The HLTA is a low level card command and I have not been able to find out how to pass the card command through pcsc to the card.

The PWD_AUTH command is also a low level card command and falls into the same issue of not knowing how to pass commands through to the card.

We are running on a Raspberry Pi 3 with an ACS AVM1252U-Z2 reader and NTAG213 tags:

    pcsc-lite version 1.8.13.

    Copyright (C) 1999-2002 by David Corcoran <[hidden email]>.

    Copyright (C) 2001-2011 by Ludovic Rousseau <[hidden email]>.

    Copyright (C) 2003-2004 by Damien Sauveron <[hidden email]>.

    Report bugs to <[hidden email]>.

    Enabled features: Linux arm-unknown-linux-gnueabihf serial usb libudev usbdropdir=/usr/lib/pcsc/drivers ipcdir=/var/run/pcscd configdir=/etc/reader.conf.d

and libacsccid v1.0.8-1

Regards,

Greg Wilson-Lindberg

Sakura Finetek

310-783-5075

Re: Using pcsclite with multiple cards through one reader

Martin Paljak-4
I assume this is some kind of ACS reader, and those NFC readers usually support a specific API for low level RF things, via SCardControl or SCardTransmit, eg. https://www.acs.com.hk/en/products/342/acr1252u-usb-nfc-reader-iii-nfc-forum-certified-reader/#tech-specs

PC/SC gives you a way to talk to a card (SCardTransmit) in a high-level APDU oriented way and to talk to (vendor specific, proprietary, such as libacsccid) readers with SCardControl. The rest is for you to figure out :)

Best,
Martin

On Tue, 15 Aug 2017 at 22:19 Greg Wilson-Lindberg <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

typos expected due to mobile device