Web API For Accessing Secure Element

Ludovic Rousseau
Hello,

A new API is discussed the GlobalPlatform organisation.
"Web API For Accessing Secure Element"
http://globalplatform.github.io/WebApis-for-SE/doc/

The idea is to provide an access to secure elements (smart cards and other form factors) from a Javascript application in a web browser.

It is a low level API. You can exchange APDU to secure elements (smart cards).
I don't think the API is provided by any web browser yet.

When the API is ready (and deployed) I could write a new sample code in Javascript and add it to my list "PC/SC sample in different languages"
http://ludovicrousseau.blogspot.fr/2010/04/pcsc-sample-in-different-languages.html

Bye

--
 Dr. Ludovic Rousseau

Re: Web API For Accessing Secure Element

Frank Morgner
Hi Ludovic!

Do you have any insights on how the GP's approach relates to the
attempts over the past years on bringing smart card access to the
browser?

Regards,
Frank.

On Monday, August 01 at 11:43AM, Ludovic Rousseau wrote:

> Hello,
>
> A new API is discussed the GlobalPlatform organisation.
> "Web API For Accessing Secure Element"
> http://globalplatform.github.io/WebApis-for-SE/doc/
>
> The idea is to provide an access to secure elements (smart cards and other
> form factors) from a Javascript application in a web browser.
>
> It is a low level API. You can exchange APDU to secure elements (smart
> cards).
> I don't think the API is provided by any web browser yet.
>

> When the API is ready (and deployed) I could write a new sample code in
> Javascript and add it to my list "PC/SC sample in different languages"
> http://ludovicrousseau.blogspot.fr/2010/04/pcsc-sample-in-different-languages.html
>
> Bye
>
> --
>  Dr. Ludovic Rousseau

Frank Morgner

Virtual Smart Card Architecture http://vsmartcard.sourceforge.net
OpenPACE                        http://openpace.sourceforge.net
IFD Handler for libnfc Devices  http://sourceforge.net/projects/ifdnfc

Re: Web API For Accessing Secure Element

Ludovic Rousseau
Hello Frank,

I am not a GlobalPlatform expert. The API is/was also proposed at the W3C.
From the W3C mailing list [hidden email] archive [1] I see people names present on the OpenSC mailing list.
Maybe more knowledgeable people can answer you.

Bye

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-sysapps/